After a week of catching all of the New Orleans themed parties, I headed down to the Big Easy to participate in the main event: Mardi Gras . The Big Easy does its Mardi Gras with a bang. The city is alive with visitors, locals, and party people who come to party. This is reflected in the thousands of people who flock to the streets to celebrate the most important day of the year.
New Orleans has many fun activities to get involved in during the annual Mardi Gras season, but if you want to live like a local, you probably don’t want to visit the city during Carnival. There are many options for Carnival tourists who want to experience the pre-Carnival festivities, but if you miss Mardi Gras, there are some ways to experience the region’s Mardi Gras-themed festivities. One option during the Mardi Gras season is to visit RedFrog Tiki Bar, which serves up authentic Tiki cocktails and tasty, New Orleans-style dishes like red beans and rice.
New Orleans’s Carnival season gets underway on Fat Tuesday, the last day of the year, with a Mardi Gras parade that features floats, costumes, and music. Carnival season also features the parades of many of the city’s other neighborhoods, but the most famous is the Krewe of Royalty, which features floats that are covered in hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewels. The parade is held annually in the months before Mardi Gras, but is a few weeks later and not so well attended.
If you’ve ever cruised with Carnival Cruise Line, you’re probably acquainted with the RedFrog Rum Bar on the lido deck.
The RedFrog Rum Bar aboard the line’s newest ship, the Mardi Gras, has been redesigned and extended to form the two-story Tiki Bar RedFrog, which is located poolside on the lido deck.
RedFrog Tiki Bar
Tiki drinks, a wide selection of rums, draft beers, and even a few virgin cocktails are available at the venue.
The RedFrog Tiki Bar’s menu during Mardi Gras is as follows:
Cocktails with a Tiki twist
- Myer’s Darm Rum, Frog Grog, Angostura Bitters, and hibiscus syrup — Pau Hana!
- Ocho Bacardi Rum, 1800 Silver Tequila, passionfruit syrup, fresh lime juice, and cinnamon syrup, according to Wikiwiki
- Trader Vic’s Mai Tai, a 1944 classic using The Appleton Estate is located in the town of Appleton, Rum, VSOP Clement Rhum, Orange Curaçao, Orgeat, and fresh lime juice.
- 12 Year El Dorado Rum, Appleton Estate Rum, Superior Bacardi Rum, honey syrup, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and club soda are all used in the Navy Grog.
- Starr Rum, Mt. Gay Eclipse Rum, banana purée, orange juice, pineapple juice, Angostura Bitters, and Grenadine are all used in the Rum Jumper.
- Pia Colada is a frozen cocktail made of Bacardi Ocho and Superior rums, pineapple juice, Angostura bitters, and grenadine.
- Bumbu Rum, Appleton Estate Rum, Cherry Heering, maraschino liqueur, lime juice, pineapple juice, and simple syrup make up Shark Tooth.
- Zombie — Bacardi Superior, Myer’s Dark Rum, Smith & Cross Navy Strength Rum, Falernum, Grenadine, and Don’s Mix
- Malibu Coconut Rum, Banana Liqueur, fresh lime juice, and ginger beer make up the Tropical Mule.
- A frozen mixture of mango purée, Peach Schnapps, and hibiscus syrup is known as Tahitian Kiss.
- Three Dots & a Dash ***- — VSOP Rhum, Bacardi Ocho, lime juice, orange juice, honey syrup, Velvet Falernum, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, and Angostura Bitters
- Jet Pilot — Appleton Estate Rum, Smith & Cross Navy Strength Rum, grapefruit juice, lime juice, cinnamon syrup, Falernum, Pernod, and Angostura Bitters
- Starr Rum, Blue Curaçao, Cream of Coconut, and pineapple juice make up the Blue Hawaiian cocktail.
- Flor de Caa 4 Year Rum, Chambord, Beso del Sol Sangria, and lemonade, frozen
- Bombay Gin, Cherry Heering, Bénédictine, lime juice, Angostura Bitters, and club soda make up the Singapore Sling.
- Flor de Caa 4 Year Rum, Bombay Gin, Brandy, Orgeat, orange juice, and lemon juice make up the Scorpion.
- Cruzan Blackstrap Rum, Campari, lime juice, simple syrup, and pineapple juice make up the Jungle Bird cocktail.
Red’s Rums is a brand of rum made by Red’s
Rum with an English Flair
- Eclipse on Mount Gay
- XO Mount Gay
- XO Plantation
- El Dorado 12 Year
- Reserve Pyrat XO
- Appleton is 12 years old.
- Appleton Estate
- Myers’ Dark Rum is a dark rum made by Myers’.
- Smith & Cross Navy Strength
- The Chairman’s Forgotten Cask is a cask that has been forgotten by the Chairman.
Rhum à la française
- Clement VSOP
- 7-Year Starr
Ron in the Spanish Style
- 1888 Brugal
- Aejo Brugal
- 18-Year-Old Matusalem Gran Reserva
- 4 Year Flor de Caa
- 18-Year-Old Flor de Caa
- Flor de Caa is a 25-year-old flower.
- Dias de Bacardi
- Gran Reserva Limitada de Bacardi
- Bacardi Ocho
- Bacardi Superior
- Black Cruzan Strap
- Santa Teresa was founded in 1796.
Rum Made in the United States
- TikiFrog Ale is a tropical beer with acidic pineapple and sweet coconut flavors.
- ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat is a citrus-infused wheat beer.
- ThirstyFrog Red is a light, robust, and frothy red wine.
- ThirstyFrog Hard Seltzer — Frog Grog, Hibiscus Lime, Pineapple, and Mango are some of the flavors available.
- Frog Grog is a combination of tropical fruit liquids that is kept a secret.
- Sierra Mist and hibiscus syrup make Mermaid.
- Frog Grog and ginger beer make for a smooth sea.
READ NEXT: Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
The RedFrog Tiki Bar is not only a great place to have a drink, but it’s also a great place to meet new people. The bar is located on the Carnival Mardi Gras, and is open from 12:00am to 12:00pm each day of the Carnival.. Read more about carnival cruise bars and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- carnival glory bars
- carnival vista red frog pub
- carnival mardi gras bars
- bars on carnival freedom
- carnival mardi gras itinerary 2023