Canadians who have enjoyed the benefits of the Aeroplan program for many years may be astounded to see the changes to it proposed in the recent federal budget. On March 22, the government announced a new credit card for Aeroplan members, which would give them thousands of additional Aeroplan miles when they use it for a purchase, as well as for every in-credit Aeroplan purchase made by a member.
Air Canada is offering new credit cardholders up to 150,000 Aeroplan miles. This is the same miles you earn with your Aeroplan credit card, and it’s the highest sign-up bonus Canada has ever offered. The promotion is valid for new Aeroplan-branded credit cards, and it runs from Nov. 9 to Dec. 31, 2015.
You’re probably not thrilled with the idea of switching to a new credit card right now, but if you crunch the numbers you might just be able to make the switch to one of the best rewards credit cards on the market.
Canada: Up to 150,000 Aeroplane miles for a new credit card, bonus for existingmembers
Gary Leff 23. June 2023
I am rewarded for the content and the many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as are American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. All opinions expressed in this article are my own and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by my advertisers. I’m not going to tell you about all the credit cards out there. Instead, I’m going to focus on miles, points and cashback (and the currency that can be converted into them). The terms and conditions apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
Aeroplan launched its new credit cards in Canada last November, and is now offering a new card through the 3rd quarter. August 2023: the best bonus offers we’ve ever seen for American Express co-brands, plus generous spending offers for existing customers.
They’re not available to most Americans, but Chase is launching the Aeroplan Mastercard in the U.S. later this year, and the Aeroplan program promises many more promotions, partnerships and opportunities this summer. So consider this a sign of aggressive membership recruitment and promotion, even if you fail to get 150,000 Aeroplan miles on a single credit card.
Here are the suggestions (information not verified or provided by American Express):
- Basic American Express®* Aeroplan® Card The consumer card offers 44,000 Aeroplan points after $3,000 of spending in 6 months (as an American… meh). However, they also offer an additional 1,000 points per billing cycle if you spend at least $500 on the card in 6 months, which brings the offer up to 50,000 points, and they also offer 5 times the discount on groceries and meals in Canada in 6 months (max 25,000 points).
- The American Express ®* Aeroplan ® Reserve Card rewards card offers 70,000 points after spending $6,000 in 6 months (better!). And they add 5,000 points per billing cycle if you spend at least $1,000 on the card within 6 months to match this offer 100,000 points. Plus, you’ll get a 10x discount on lunch and groceries in the first six months (up to 50,000 points).
- The American Express Aeroplan Small Business Reserve Card offers 70,000 points when you spend $6,000 in 6 months and 5,000 points per billing cycle when you spend at least $1,000 on the card in 6 months, supplemented by a 100,000 point offer. There are also 10x on lunch, on gas and groceries for the first six months (capped at 50,000 points).
Current program participants will also receive cost proposals. (Registration via Amex Offers is required).
- Basic consumer 5X off lunch and shopping in Canada from June 23. to September 23. 2023, up to a maximum of 25,000 points.
- Preferred consumer: 10X off lunch and groceries in Canada from June 23. to September 23. 2023, up to a maximum of 50,000 points.
If I were Canadian, I would sign up. But I grew up when Wayne Gretzky was still playing and at the height of his popularity, and now there’s not much reason to watch hockey. However, if I already had those cards, I would absolutely maximize the offers to get the money.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.
Lake View from the Wing
Leave a comment
Editor’s note: Any opinions, analyses, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any card issuer. Comments in response to this announcement have not been provided or commissioned and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any bank. Citibank, Chase, American Express, Barclays, Capital One or any other advertiser is not responsible for providing answers to questions. The conditions and restrictions apply to all offers.The Aeroplan loyalty program is back with an enhanced version of its credit card. It’s a complex piece of plastic that could offer Canadians some excellent rewards, just like current Aeroplan credit cards, but with an added bonus: you can get a free flight worth 150,000 miles.. Read more about aeroplan gift card delivery time and let us know what you think.
aeroplan sign up bonusbest use of aeroplan milesaeroplan bonvoy bonusaeroplan points calculatoraeroplan gift card delivery timewhen do aeroplan points get credited,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,aeroplan sign up bonus,best use of aeroplan miles,aeroplan bonvoy bonus,aeroplan points calculator,aeroplan gift card delivery time,when do aeroplan points get credited,mr to aeroplan bonus,value of aeroplan points