MSC Cruises announced that it will feature New York-themed areas aboard the upcoming 2019 cruise season. The excursions include a New York speciality foods lunch, a visit to a local art supply store, a walk through Central Park, and a walking tour of the city’s iconic sites.
MSC Cruises has announced a new area on its upcoming cruise ship MSC Seashore that will be themed after New York City. The large addition, called “The Lounge”, is located on the ship’s aft deck, and will feature a variety of activities including live music and dance performances, culinary classes, and recreational activities. The area will also include a bar, a library, and a coffee shop.
The Seaworld Cruise Line announced that the MSC Seashore will debut this summer, featuring New York City-themed areas, including Lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, on board the liner. The ship will have two new aft lounges with extra-large TVs, which will be open to the public.. Read more about breaking cruise news and let us know what you think.
The MSC Seashore, MSC Cruises’ next flagship, will offer a variety of activities and new entertainment venues, all equipped with cutting-edge technology for spectacular performances. Each day aboard the ship, there will be 16 hours of entertainment to select from, including activities and major stage performances.
All of the adult-oriented onboard entertainment was created in-house. Some of the highlights are as follows:
The Red Cabaret
The MSC Seashore will debut a new aft lounge inspired by 1920s French cabaret lounges. The newly-designed facility, which spans two decks and is near to the sea, will provide magnificent ocean views via its glass walls. As the evening progresses, the 400-seat multi-functional venue will effortlessly transition from cocktail hour with live music to a high-energy dance party.
The aft lounge is located in the back of the ship. The Red Cabaret (Rendering courtesy of MSC Cruises)
Every night, the greatest artists of all time and their work will be honored at Le Cabaret Rouge. Six evenings of various celebrations will bring together music, dancing, drinks, and art:
- Soirée de Monet — While visitors drink unique cocktails and dance all evening, a live band and performers will highlight some of Claude Monet’s finest paintings to musical favorites from Coldplay, Vitamin String Quartet, Maroon 5, U2, and more.
- Picasso’s Night Club — As the band takes center stage, Pablo Picasso’s renowned “Blue Period” sparks a colorful evening of music hits. They’ll perform hits by Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Carole King, Billy Joel, and Stevie Wonder, among others.
- The Women in Art event is a high-octane rock performance including luminaries like Frida Kahlo, Whitney Houston, Georgia O’Keeffe, Adele, and Lady Gaga.
- The classic French Can-Can ladies perform high-energy dance against the background of Henri de Toulouse-renowned Lautrec’s artwork in A Paris Spectacular with Toulouse-Lautrec.
- The Contemporary Collection is a high-octane dance party with music from the last several decades providing the soundtrack. As these world-renowned modern works “burst” off the canvas, the DJ will play classic songs that establish the tone.
- A Starry Starry Night with Van Gogh combines music and dance with aerial artists soaring above into Vincent Van Gogh’s starry sky.
MSC Cruises Announces New PortMiami Cruise Terminal READ MORE: MSC Cruises Announces New PortMiami Cruise Terminal
Styled after New York City
MSC Seashore has been built not only to bring passengers closer to the sea, but also to pay homage to New York City.
Many of the ship’s architectural elements, public spaces, and venue names are inspired by the city, such as a 13-foot-tall replica of the Statue of Liberty in the casino and a newly-designed retail and entertainment area named Times Square.
The primary attraction at Times Square is a 28-foot-high LED wall that spans four levels and displays a projection of Manhattan’s Times Square skyline. From dawn until night, the display will vary and include animations at different times during the day. Each night at Times Square, passengers leaving the theater and strolling past will be greeted by a different sight.
MSC Seashore’s Times Square (Rendering courtesy of MSC Cruises)
Dueling pianos will perform popular ballads and high-energy songs, with the music styled after a different period each evening of the trip.
In addition, each night in Times Square, a New Year’s Eve-inspired ball drop will take place on a new decade.
Theatrical Productions are a kind of theatrical production that takes place on stage.
The Madison Theater, which seats 1,200 people, will feature four fresh and unique full-scale theatrical plays each evening of the trip, with three performances each night.
Hand-to-hand acrobats, contortionists, and an aerialist appear in two of the performances. Fantasy Woods takes viewers into the woods to study the secrets of enchantment and magic, while Gravity examines dexterity and ability on planet Gravity, a beautiful virtual environment.
Coast to Coast is a musical performance with strong singers and dancers that travels from coast to coast throughout the United States, following the path of music.
Belle Epoque is a variety show with a skilled cast, stunning costumes, and unique set designs that brings the beauty era to life with its quest of beauty, culture, and art.
READ NEXT: MSC Cruises Details Amenities & Activities on MSC Seashore
There’s been a lot of buzz about MSC Cruises’ new ship, the MSC Seaview, which is set to set sail this October from New York City. While cruises are known for their luxuries and amenities, the new ship will be going above and beyond to give cruisers a unique experience. The MSC Seaview will feature an NYC-themed area complete with a chef-prepared restaurant, a signature cocktail bar, a bistro-style restaurant, a Broadway-style theater, and a jazz lounge. The ship’s Aft Lounge will also feature a piano bar and a different theme every night.. Read more about cruise news daily blog and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- what is new york known for
- reasons to love nyc
- reasons to love new york city
- detailed description of new york city
- what is new york state known for