The Celebrity Millennium, along with fellow sister ship the Celebrity Constellation, will be back in service to Fort Lauderdale, Florida after a brief hiatus. The Celebrity Millennium, which managed to sail for just a week last month, was put out of service after a water leak was discovered on the vessel’s service water pumps.
Last week, Celebrity Cruises ‘ Infinity ‘ began a three day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida . The launch was delayed from last week due to high winds and rough seas. The cruise ship was originally scheduled to begin on Monday, February 17, but was delayed due to inclement weather.
The Celebrity Summit, part of Celebrity Cruises’ fleet of Summit and Oasis-class ships, is currently docked in the port of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, awaiting a scheduled November 1st departure for a 13-day cruise to the Bahamas.. Read more about cruise line news and let us know what you think.
Celebrity Cruises is still working to resume cruise operations. Celebrity Equinox, the third ship in the series to resume from the United States, is leaving Fort Lauderdale, Florida today.
The Celebrity Equinox has reopened its doors.
The Celebrity cruise liner is sailing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to resume trips that had been put on hold due to the global suspension of operations. The ship’s maiden return trip is a seven-day Western Caribbean itinerary that includes stops at St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Nassau, Bahamas.
“With each new ship that sails into the sea, I’m amazed by the tangible feeling of reconnection on board for both our guests and our staff – with one other, their families, and the world,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. We’ve all been dreaming of being together again and soaking in the beauty around us for over a year, and it’s now really great to be a part of our visitors’ ambitions to travel again.”
During its deployment from Fort Lauderdale, the Celebrity Equinox will alternate between the Eastern and Western Caribbean. The cruise company currently has eight ships in operation, including three that sail from the United States, including the Celebrity Edge, which sails from Fort Lauderdale, the Celebrity Millennium, which began Alaska trips just yesterday out of Seattle, and the Celebrity Equinox, which sails today.
The Celebrity Equinox is a cruise ship owned by Celebrity Cruises (Photo Courtesy: Celebrity Cruises)
“Bringing a big cruise ship back into service isn’t as simple as flipping the ignition key,” said Brian Abel, Celebrity’s senior vice president of hotel operations. Moving and training personnel, large-scale procurement, mechanical modifications, destination outreach, port availability, sales and marketing, and much more are all part of the process.”
“I couldn’t be more pleased of the Celebrity team’s accomplishments,” Abel said. We were prepared, and we executed this enormous task with elegance to welcome our visitors back to the Celebrity experience they had come to expect.”
The warship, which underwent a significant refurbishment in June 2019, is now completely vaccinated and ready to travel. Guests from the United States must be completely vaccinated if they are 16 years old or older, however this will change to 12 years old or older on August 1, 2023.
Which Celebrity Cruise Ships Are Back in Service?
In addition to the Celebrity Equinox, the following Celebrity cruise ships have already resumed operations:
- The beautiful Celebrity Millennium re-entered service on June 5 from St. Maarten as the first ship to sail in the Caribbean. Celebrity Summit assumed control of the service in early July, enabling Celebrity Millennium to reposition for the Alaska season.
- The Celebrity Apex, the newest member to the Celebrity fleet, had her global premiere on June 19 in Athens, offering seven-night cruises around the Greek Islands. The trip marked the company’s historic return to Greece, where it was established 33 years ago.
- Celebrity Edge, Apex’s sister ship, made history as the first ship to sail from a U.S. port in over a year, reviving the cruise business in the United States.
- The Celebrity Silhouette started transporting passengers from Southampton, United Kingdom, across and around the British Isles and coastline on July 3.
- On July 4, the luxury, state-of-the-art mega-yacht Celebrity Flora® began cruising the beautiful Galapagos Islands, fulfilling guests’ bucket lists. On July 24, the award-winning Celebrity Xpedition® accompanied her into the sea.
- Celebrity’s long-awaited return to Alaska’s unmatched natural marvels started on July 23 when the Celebrity Millennium set sail on a voyage to the Last Frontier.
The ship sailing from Fort Lauderdale in 2023 is the Norwegian Star."}}]}
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Celebrity Cruises Cancelled for 2023?
Celebrity Cruises is not cancelling their 2023 cruises.
Is Celebrity Cruises sailing out of Florida?
Celebrity Cruises is not sailing out of Florida.
Which ship is sailing from Fort Lauderdale in 2023?
The ship sailing from Fort Lauderdale in 2023 is the Norwegian Star.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- norwegian cruise news
- cruise radio
- cruise news
- cruise radio news
- cruise radio station